Last week, hubs and I took a trip to Arizona for our winter vacation. We try to take a short trip every time we both get some time off at the same time, since that so rarely happens. We’re both pretty much homebodies so it’s nice to take a few days away to get our fill of adventuring.
We spent a night in Sedona, two nights in Page (where Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend are) and two nights at the south end of the Grand Canyon. In hindsight, I wish we’d stayed two nights in Sedona and only one in Page because there wasn’t really much to do there.
Below I’ve included some info on where we stayed and a couple places we ate. And at the very bottom of this post, I added some of my photos from my ‘real camera.’
- Red Agave Resort – This place was absolutely adorable! I shared a couple photos on Instagram and have some posted below. The room we stayed in had a full kitchen so if you’re looking for somewhere for a longer stay, I’d recommend this place. The staff was really great but their office closes at 10 PM so if you’re planning on getting late, give them a call so they can leave the keys for you.
- Black Cow Cafe – We got coffee and a delicious coconut chocolate macaroon here. They’re also an ice cream shop and have great reviews on Yelp but we didn’t get to have that. This area is also really great. There’s a bunch of small businesses in the area and a food court type area so we spent our afternoon here before driving to Page.
- Courtyard Marriott – Our two nights here were really great too. Our view from the fourth floor was wonderful and they were super accommodating.
- Fiesta Mexicana – There isn’t much to do in this part of Arizona but we stumbled upon this Mexican restaurant and literally only ate there because it was so delicious. If you do end up there, try the chipotle prawn dish with fries.
- The Grand Hotel – We stayed here for two nights while checking out the south end of the Grand Canyon and loved it! We didn’t really have the greatest view here from our room but the cozy lobby made up for that in full. We mainly just visited the Grand Canyon Visitor Center and took a short walk.