anyone who’s been around a minute knows that i’m very passionate about mentorship and guiding folks at various points in their journey in medicine. i was very blessed to have the guidance of so many around me and without them i really don’t know if i would’ve made it this far.
i started blogging because i never wanted people to feel as alone as i did in my failures. and along the way, i’ve had the opportunity to guide and mentor so many folks as they move through their own journeys in medicine. i once sat on a panel with a few of my classmates for a premed club on campus and one of the students asked what keeps us motivated. my answer was ‘you do.’ and yes, that’s cheesy but it’s also the truth. you all motivate me to continue to move forward because i remember how far i’ve come and how much work is still left to do.
i’m excited to announce that i’ve established a low cost one-on-one premed advising program here on A Healer’s Heart!
services offered include:
- personal statement edits
- medical school applications
- college applications
- MPH applications
- done via email
- fee of $120 for up to 3 revisions
- personal statement + works and activities edits
- medical schools applications only
- done via email
- fee of $200 for up to 3 revisions on each
- college, medical and graduate school application advising:
- choosing schools
- MD vs. DO
- requesting LORs
- done via phone
- fee of $60/hr
- general premed/pre-public health advising on:
- classes and schedule
- MCAT (NOT tutoring)
- extracurricular activities and research
- taking time off between college and graduate/medical school
- masters degrees vs post bacc
- done via phone
- fee of $60/hr
i realize that as students we are living on a tight budget and for that reason i will work with you to create a package that work for your needs, particularly if you are a first generation college student or are part of a community underrepresented in medicine and public health.
i, of course, cannot guarantee anyone’s acceptance but i have mentored and advised folks at various stages in their journey. i’m grateful to have played the little part i did in helping them get to where they are now. below you can read a few testimonials.
- “Anum provided an incredible amount of support for me in my path to medical school. Whether it was how to study for the MCAT, to writing personal statements, preparing for interviews, and to simply just be an ear to listen to my anxiety-filled worries, I knew that I could count on her. When I later was accepted, I couldn’t help but thank her for her guidance in every step along the way.” – PP, UC Irvine SOM c/o 2020
- “Anum taught me that gaining admission medical school goes far beyond just checking boxes. It is about weaving your passions with medicine and allowing your best qualities to show through your long-term commitments. She was a fundamental influence in urging me to pursue my passion for academia, which I believe helped set my application apart from others. With over 25 interviews, I ultimately had a successful application cycle and was accepted to my dream school. This would not have been possible had she not guided me through the first steps, and I feel incredibly blessed to have learned from her.” – NN, Stanford SOM c/o 2022
- “I first reached out to Anum for help when I started to study for my MCAT. I was nervous, terrified, and had no idea what to expect from the test. Anum spent hours on the phone with me, giving me the helpful and calming advice that I needed to approach this test confidently. She was there for me throughout the entire process— checking in every few weeks to make sure I was doing alright. Having the support of someone who had been through the same thing that I was going through was incredibly helpful. After my MCAT, Anum and I stayed in touch and she became one of my mentors throughout the medical school application process. She guided me as I collected letters of recommendation, put together my activities section, and wrote my personal statement (she read draft after draft for this one!). When I got into medical school, she was one of the first to find out! She was always a call away— Anum is ALWAYS there for her mentees. While I loved and appreciated this trait, what I loved most about being Anum’s mentee is how she understood every challenge and hurdle that I was facing. She truly understands what it feels like to be in the applicant’s seat and will never let you feel alone in the process.” – MH, University of Arizona COM c/o 2021
- “Anum was a huge help when I was applying to medical school and I would highly recommend her as a resource! I actually met her in undergrad and she was the first person who told me about osteopathic medicine. At the time, I felt like I would never be good enough for medical school but she was so supportive and really changed my outlook on who I was as an applicant. When I did start getting interviews, Anum gave me extremely helpful tips that I never would have thought to prepare for. It was obvious that she had created a very thoughtful and thorough system of approaching interviews and it really paid off!” – SB, Touro University California c/o 2020
- “Anum was a huge help when it came to applying to medical school. The whole process is nerve wracking, so it helps to have someone to help you along the way. Anum helped me edit the many essays I wrote, and gave me valuable advice when it came to preparing for interviews!” – CB, UC Riverside SOM c/o 2020
Email email@example.com with the services you’re interested in and allow one week for a review of your application. Because I will only be taking on a handful of clients at a time, I cannot guarantee a spot to anyone.
Please feel free to email with any questions. I look forward to working with you!