Fall fashion is definitely my favorite. I love the warm colors and it’s so much easier dressing modestly when the temperatures finally start coming down after what seems like a never-ending summer. Living in Southern California, we don’t really get the ‘real’ four seasons but we do get to indulge in fall fashion, especially make up since the weather doesn’t necessarily have to be cool for that (although, I do love me some sweater weather).
Being on a student budget, I’m a huge fan of drug store make up but it can be challenging to find products that you like because you can’t always swatch them the way you can with higher end make up. When I’m trying a new product and I’m not sure if I’ll like it, I usually buy the product from a cheaper brand ($1-2) like Wet n’ Wild, etc. And then if I like the color of the product, I buy it in a higher quality brand and keep the cheaper one as a back up in my purse for touch ups!
- Maybelline Matte Lipstick in ‘burgundy blush’ (#696) – This is by far my favorite lipstick for the fall! It’s an interesting combination of purple and brown. I use it in combination with the Colourpop lip liner I’ve linked below.
- Maybelline Matte Lipstick in ‘nude nuance’ (#657) – This is definitely my go-to lipstick on the days I actually put in the effort to put on make up. It’s calm enough to wear in professional settings so I wear it to clinic and on the days I have clinical exams, etc. It’s a little more pink than most nude shades I’ve seen but that’s kind of what I love about it because it doesn’t wash my face out.
- Elf blush in ‘mellow muave’ – I picked up this blush in the past few months and I really love it for my daily make up routine. It’s not very pigmented at all but it just adds a little color to my face. I’m wearing it above in the photo with the burgundy blush lipstick.
- Milani baked blush in ‘red vino’ – I’ve had this blush for a couple years now and I really love it! This blush is very pigmented so I only use it on special occasions when I’m really dressing up. This was the first baked blush I ever picked up and I think it’s really perfect for fall and winter when I start getting a little pale because it also has gold glimmer in it that acts as a bronzer as well. I’m planning to do a Thanksgiving outfit and make up post and will be wearing this blush in that so look out for that for photos!
- NYX Tres Jolie gel liner in ‘pitch black’ – I’m definitely one of those people who majorly struggles with liquid eye liner. I have no idea what it is – I can suture but I can’t keep my hand still long enough to draw a wing over my eyelid. This pencil eyeliner has been a great because it’s really pigmented & gel so it goes on like a liquid eyeliner but is much easier to put on. It’s on the more expensive end of drug store make up but I think it’s worth it!
- Colourpop liner in ‘ellarie’ – So I just found out about this brand recently from a good friend. Colourpop is an online store that produces really great lip products in LA. I was ordering a couple matte liquid lipsticks for my mom and decided to order a few lip liners for myself since I’ve been trying to get into the lip liner game. I’m wearing this one with the burgundy blush photo above and I loooooved it! The only thing I don’t like about this product is that it’s not a retractable pencil so you have to use an actual sharpener. But other than that, I love how it goes on and stays on. I wore it for about 10 or so hours without any touchups!